The Massachusetts AI and Technology Center for Connected Care in Aging and Alzheimer’s Disease (MassAITC), a National Institute on Aging (NIA) Collaboratory, will foster interdisciplinary research on the development, validation, and translation of AI-enhanced technologies to improve connections between older adults, caregivers, and clinicians in order to more effectively support healthy aging and the care of people living with Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias (AD/ADRD) at home.
MassAITC accomplishes this mission by:
- Conducting a rigorous and ongoing needs assessment and technology identification process with deep commitment to stakeholder engagement.
- Establishing and growing a multidisciplinary network of researchers and practitioners.
- Providing access to state-of-art validation facilities to enable rapid, robust and multi-faceted validation of AI-enhanced technologies that starts in the lab and extends to real-world at-home settings.
- Exploring innovative technologies by supporting pilot projects that propose forward-looking solutions with the potential to significantly improve successful aging and AD/ADRD care.
- Providing training to developers, clinicians, and other stakeholders.